Baked Mackerel with Oranges
Mackerel with Oranges – a Spanish summer seafood treat packed full of flavour, a great mackerel recipe for the barbeque or oven grill.
You will need:
4 mackerel, cleaned
1 large onion
Handful chopped parsley
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
- Cut off the heads and tails of each fish and wash under running water, then pat dry.
- Peel and chop the onion and the orange (chop the orange on a plate to keep the juices)
- Place the orange, onion, parsley and bread crumbs into a bowl and mix well, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix again.
- Stuff each fish with the mixture and place them into a large earthenware dish, placing any leftover mixture into the dish too.
- Cover with foil or the lid and bake in a fairly hot oven for about 30 – 40 minutes until the fish are cooked and tender. Serve with boiled potatoes and salad.