Hot Chilli Tapas
Hot Spanish chilli pepper tapas straight from the barbeque served up with olive oil and sea salt.
One thing we love about Spanish food culture is that it presents the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends. This very simple (but tremendously hot!) tapas recipe came from a friend of a friend visiting Andalucia from Catalunya. Once the barbeque was hot on went the chillies where the “chef” said that he had only made this tapa twice but had seen it done many times . . . not being shy we assured our new found amigo that his chilli tapas would be a cuisine well worth waiting for, and so it was! Watch out its got bite!
You will need:
6 Chilli’s (red or green varieties)
Extra virgin olive oil
- Cook your chilli peppers over the barbeque until the skin begins to turn brown.
- Cut off the stalk of the pepper then slice all the way down and open to expose the seeds.
- Using a small knife carefully remove the skin of the pepper.
- Remove most of the seeds then cut the pepper into small pieces – not too big!
- Place the chilli pieces onto a plate or small cazuela and drizzle generously with good olive oil.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
These chilli tapas can also accompany a main meal.