Poor Mans Potatoes
Poor mans potatoes – this is a very traditional and satisfying dish and can be served as a side to meat or on its own for a filling lunch or supper.
You will need:
4 large potatoes
2 medium onions
2 medium green peppers
Olive oil (about 400ml)
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices, soak in cold water for 10 minutes or so.
- Meanwhile peel and slice the onions and slice the peppers.
- After soaking the potatoes drain well and dry on kitchen paper. Heat the oil in a large deep pan and when hot add the potatoes. Cook on a high heat for 10 minutes until lightly golden. Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes, then add the peppers and onions, stir and cook for 10 minutes more.
- When the vegetables are soft, turn up the heat and cook for 10 minutes on high to finish. The potatoes will be lovely and golden and slightly broken up when cooked.
- Drain well, season and serve.