Slow Baked Chicken and Sobrasada
A lovely chicken dish and an autumn favourite. With a unique depth and warmth created by this delightful Mallorcan sobrasada and rich tomato sauce. Serve with lots of fresh bread for an amazing family supper.
You will need:
4 chicken legs, separated into thighs and drumsticks
200g chickpeas from a jar drained and rinsed
6 ripe fresh tomatoes, chopped
1 large onion, peeled and sliced
100ml extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish or cazuela and add the chicken pieces then cook for about 10 minutes until golden all over.
- Add the sobrasada and stir gently, allowing it to melt into the chicken juices.
- Add the onion and tomatoes to the pan and season.
- Cover and turn the heat right down cooking for 45 minutes to an hour then uncover and cook for a further 15 minutes or so to allow the sauce to thicken.
- Serve garnished with fresh parsley if liked and lots of fresh crusty bread.