A very traditional summer dish full of Mediterranean flavours. It can be eaten hot or cold and goes well with barbecued meats.
You will need:
2 large red peppers
4 medium sized onions
8 – 10 medium tomatoes
This dish is best prepared on the barbecue, make sure the coals are not too hot but glowing nicely
- Place all the vegetables onto the bbq grill, no need to peel.
- Cook for about 40 – 45 minutes turning occasionally until they are cooked through and tender. Don’t worry of the skins go black, in fact it is better if they do.
- The tomatoes will be cooked first, so remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Then remove the peppers and wrap in newspaper which will help peeling later on.
- Finally remove the onions and leave to cool.
- First peel the tomatoes, discard the skin and place the tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Next remove the paper from the peppers some of the skin will come off with the paper, peel away the rest of the skin and remove and discard the inners and seeds. Place into the bowl with the tomatoes
- Finally peel the onions, discard the skin and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop up the vegetables in the bowl and mix together.
- Place onto a plate a little onion, tomatoes and peppers, cut into small pieces and mix together, drizzle with olive oil and add a sprinkle of salt.